Owners will ensure a smooth transition.
Owners wish to retire.
For 35 years, our client has been installing HVAC systems into older homes, new construction, home additions, multi-family (condo or apartment) as well as businesses located in the metropolitan, Washington DC area. The owner has astutely matched the company’s focus to the housing market in its geographic region. Concentrating on installing and servicing mini-ducted high velocity systems into older homes is the company’s differentiator in the highly competitive HVAC industry. In the Washington, DC market, 66.9% of homes were built prior to 1960 and are valuable enough for the homeowner to maintain and renovate. Due to the growing popularity of these systems the company has increased its customer base, revenue and profitability year after year.
Highlights of financial data include:
- Revenue has increased each year from 2011 through 2014
- 2014 exceeded the prior three years in both revenue and SDE
- Cash flow to the owners (adjusted SDE) averaged 29.5% of revenue each year from 2011-2014
- Are members of the Steamfitters UA Local 602 union
- Are CFC refrigerant-recovery certified as required by the EPA
- Engage in HVAC continuing education courses Performing installations on time and within budget has always been a priority for this customer-oriented company and has contributed to its growth and referral business. The company is well positioned to service both the residential and commercial sectors.
Inventory: Included in asking price
Facilities: Currently, a home based business.
Competition: The owner has developed a niche in the HVAC marketplace by concentrating the company’s efforts on the installation of ductless systems into older homes in the area it services. Although competitors in the market that the company serves provide similar type services, the company holds several competitive advantages, including but not limited to: Qualified, stable and dependable workforce; Competitive pricing; Diverse customer base; Able to service a large variety of equipment; Expertise in installing high velocity air conditioning systems in historic homes; Excellent reputation; and new business based on strong customer referrals.
Home based business